I am a PhD candidate in Data Mining Group, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and my research advior is Prof. Jiawei Han. I received my bachelor degrees from Peking University.
My research interest mainly lies in applied machine learning, including information network analysis, distribution representation learning, and matrix estimation.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Aug 2012 - Present Department of Computer Science PhD candidate in Computer Science
- Peking University, Aug 2008 - May 2012 School of Electronics Engineering and Computer Science Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Peking University, Aug 2009 - May 2012 National School of Development in Economics Bachelor of Science in Economics (Double Major)
Publications(* indicates equal contribution.)
- Huan Gui, Jiawei Han, Quanquan Gu, Towards Faster Rates and Oracle Property for Low-Rank Matrix Estimation, in Proc. of 2016 Int. Conf. on Machine Learning (ICML'16), New York City, NY, 2016. [paper] [supp]
- Huan Gui*, Jialu Liu*, Fangbo Tao, Meng Jiang, Brandon Norick, Jiawei Han, Large-Scale Embedding Learning in Heterogeneous Event Data, in Proc. of 2016 Int. Conf. on Data Mining (ICDM'16), Barcelona, Spain, 2016. [paper]
- Huan Gui, Haishan Liu, Xiangrui Meng, Anmol Bhasin, Jiawei Han, Downside Management in Recommender Systems , in Proc. of 2016 IEEE/ACM Int. Conf. on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining (ASONAM'16), San Francisco, CA, 2016.
- Huan Gui, Ya Xu, Anmol Bhasin, Jiawei Han, Network A/B Testing: From Sampling to Estimation, in Proc. of 2015 Int. Conf. on World-Wide Web (WWW'15), Florence, Italy, 2015. [paper]
- Huan Gui*, Quanquan Gu*, and Jiawei Han, Robust Tensor Decomposition with Gross Corruption, in Proc. of 2014 Conf. on Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS'14), Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 2014. [paper]
- Huan Gui, Yizhou Sun, Jiawei Han, and George Brova, Modeling Topic Diffusion in Multi-Relational Bibliographic Information Networks, in Proc. of 2014 ACM Int. Conf. on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM'14), Shanghai, China, 2014. [paper]
- May 2016 - Aug 2016, Google Research NYC, Intern
- May 2015 - Aug 2015, Google NYC, Intern
- May 2014 - Aug 2014, LinkedIn MTV, Intern
- May 2013 - Aug 2013, LinkedIn MTV, Intern
- Oct 2012 - June 2012, Microsoft Research Asia, Intern
- Fall 2016, Fall 2014, Fall 2013, An Introduction to Data Mining (CS 412), Teaching Assistant
- Spring 2016, Data Mining: Principles and Algorithms (CS 512), Teaching Assistant
- Fall 2015, Artificial Intelligence (CS 440), Teaching Assistant
- Spring 2014, Pattern Discovery in Data Mining (Coursera), Teaching Assistant
- Spring 2014, Clustering in Data Mining (Coursera), Teaching Assistant